Nightingale’s faith underlay all the work she did so that appears in various ways throughout all the volumes.
Three volumes have been published specifically on Nightingale’s faith and spiritual life: Volume 2, Spiritual Journey; Volume 3, Theology; and Volume 4, Mysticism and Eastern Religions. A fourth, more philosophical, volume, Suggestions for Thought, is published as Volume 11 in the series.
The following short papers are available:
- Address for Celebration of the Life of Florence Nightingale, 17 May 2014, Derby Cathedral
- Address for Commemoration of Florence Nightingale, 12 May 2012, Derby Cathedral
- Florence Nightingale: Faith and Work, May 2005
- Florence Nightingale: Her Spiritual Journey, public lecture at St James’ Anglican Cathedral, in celebration of National Nursing Week, May 5, 2002.
- A sermon “Strait is the Gate” written by Nightingale, but never given in her lifetime, is given life, was first read by McDonald at Oriel College, Oxford, ceremony, 28 February, 1999.
- A series of six short articles were published in the Niagara Anglican